New Shingle Roof Tampa FL | Shingle Roof Repair or Replacement Tampa FL
At some point, residential shingle roof repair of any kind, is no longer a viable option. If your roof is more than 20 years old, or you find yourself dealing with any of the key signs of a failing roof, it might be time to consider shingle roof replacement. Shingle roofs are the most common type of roofing system in Florida. When built using high-quality materials, and professionally installed, shingle roofs are both beautiful and durable.In the United States, asphalt shingles can be categorized into two different types, each with their own set of advantages: organic-based and fiberglass-based. Shingles are also available in a wide variety of sizes and colors. While this may make the process of selecting the right materials more complex, we at JBC Builders & Roofers are here to assist you, every step of the way.
Common Shingle Roof Replacement Materials Organic Asphalt Shingles
Organic-based asphalt shingles are manufactured with a mat, made of various cellulose fibers, such as recycled paper and wood. This organic base is then saturated with a specially formulated asphalt coating and surfaced with mineral granules. Organic-based shingles are both weather and water resistant. Also available are premium quality, copper coated, shingles that are algae and moss-resistant.Fiberglass Asphalt Shingles
Fiberglass-based asphalt shingles are manufactured with a mat, made entirely of glass fibers of varying measurements, which is then saturated with a specially formulated asphalt coating and surfaced with mineral granules (much like organic-based asphalt shingles). Fiberglass-based asphalt shingles are both weather and water resistant. They also have the added benefit of being fire resistant.
Shingle Roof Replacement Benefits
There are countless benefits to shingle roofs:Product performance
– Shingle roofs perform well in harsh climates and in areas where wind, water, and ice are prevalent.Cost Effective
– Shingle roofs provide homeowners with an overall value that’s tough for other roofing materials to match, especially when you consider their life expectancy.Low Maintenance
– Shingle roofs, when professionally installed, require little to no maintenance and are easy to repair if damaged in a storm.Fire, Weather, and Wind Resistant
– Shingle roofs are manufactured to resist external fire and flammability standards. They have also been designed to withstand high-winds.
Shingle Roof Replacement Process
The process we at JBC Builders & Roofers use to replace your shingle roof is as follows:
- Remove existing roofing materials.
- Replace any rotted boards or sheathing.
- Refasten the entire roof deck.
- Install new water barriers.
- Install new lead boots, drip edge flashings, and vents where needed.
- Install new shingle roofing in your choice of color.
At JBC Builders & Roofers, we make sure that your shingle roof replacement is properly installed, a process that including selecting the highest-quality materials based on your home’s architectural design, construction needs, and budgetary requirements. Contact us today at (813) 232-5000 for a complementary estimate. We are licensed, bonded, and insured so you can be certain you’re in the best of hands.