New Flat Roof Tampa FL | New Flat Roof Replacement (813) 232-5000
When the time arrives to replace your flat roofing system, there are several important things you must first consider, particularly since flat roofing systems are not without their share of inherent problems and challenges. At JBC Builders & Roofers, we understand these challenges, and work towards overcoming them thus providing you with an energy-efficient, cost-effective, and long-lasting roof. If you have a more modern home, then you may want to consider investing in a new flat roof.
Common Flat Roof Replacement Materials Built-Up Roof (BUR)
– Built-up roofing systems have been in use for more than 100 years. Comprised of hot tar and gravel, these systems are based on alternating layers of hot tar, with water resilient material between these layers. The flat roof’s surface is coated with a broad layer of gravel. Other aggregates can be substituted.Modified Bitumen
– Another common flat roof material is modified bitumen. With your choice of a nail-able or self-adhesive base and a range of performance levels, all of which offer exceptional protection for your home, the installation of modified bitumen requires no harsh fumes or mess. An added benefit for Florida residents: Light colored surfaces reflect solar heat. PVC Roofing – Short for poly vinyl chloride, PVC roofing materials have been engineered to withstand the test of time, even in Florida. PVC is a flexible, thermoplastic membrane manufactured using UV-resistant polyvinyl chloride, which lends to the materials’ performance and durability.Flat Roof Replacement Process
The process we at JBC Builders & Roofers use to replace your flat roof is as follows:
- Remove existing roofing materials.
- Replace any rotted boards or sheathing.
- Refasten the entire roof deck.
- Install new water barriers.
- Install new lead boots, drip edge flashings, and vents where needed.
- Install new flat roofing in your choice of material.
At JBC Builders & Roofers, we make sure that your flat roof replacement is properly installed, a process that including selecting the highest-quality materials based on your home’s architectural design, construction needs, and budgetary requirements. Contact us today at (813) 232-5000 for a complementary estimate. We are licensed, bonded, and insured so you can be certain you’re in the best of hands.