Manatee Roofing Company | Roof Repair & New Roof Installations
Signs you need roof repair, Manatee County FL
- Roof is leaking water
- Water stains on interior ceiling
- Cracked, curled or chipped roof tiles and shingles
- Granule Loss – “balding” spots
- Overall age – get your roof checked after 20 years
Signs you need a new roof replacement, Manatee County FL
- Roof has water damage or spots that are clearly leaking
- Sagging roof
- Torn, cracked or missing tiles as well as loose materials around vents or chimneys
- Signs of wear on roof shingles
- Mold, rot or moisture damage
- Poor drainage system which can lead to homeowners having to replace roofs before their lifespan is up
New Roof Replacement Materials
There are many roofing materials that can be used in replacing a roof and each has a different lifespan. It is important to know the materials used for your roof so that you have an idea of how long those materials normally last.
- Asphalt Roof Shingles: Asphalt shingles are a popular option due to their low costs, resiliency, and easy installation. More than 75% of U.S. homes use asphalt shingles on the roof. While they can be cheap, they tend to have a shorter lifespan (15-30 years) than many other roofing materials available today.
- Clay or Concrete Tiles: In order to install clay tiles, a home will need to have additional roof framing as they are very heavy. Clay and concrete tiles are fire resistant and come in a variety of colors, some of which have the ability to reflect the sun, resulting in lower energy costs. Clay and concrete tiles have a lifespan of 50 years or more.
- Metal Roofs: Metal shingles are becoming a popular option for homeowners as they often utilize a high percentage of recycled materials and are very durable. They are also much lighter than many other roofing materials and are resistant to inclement weather. Metal shingles have a lifespan of 50 years or more.
JBC Builders & Roofers in Manatee County, FL offers new roof repair and new roof replacement. As a family owned business our pride of workmanship and customer service is what sets us apart. During a free in-home consultation, we will work with you to meet your new roof budget and design needs. We use the highest quality roofing materials with quality workmanship. JBC Roofing is a licensed as a roofing contractor, electrician and general contractor – we’re well versed! Our service is what’s kept us installing new roofs in Manatee County FL for over 40+ years. Call JBC Builders & Roofers to set up your consultation today.